Over the last several years, we’ve had numerous requests from customers to make our training programs available in video format. In 2017, we made the decision to try that on a pilot basis, using one of our most popular programs, “Air Conditioning Systems” for that initial effort.
The videos are being developed utilizing the following recommendations provided by our HVAC Distributor and Contractor partners:
- Program content has been separated into multiple 10 to 15 minute videos.
- Our philosophy of “a picture is worth a thousand words” continues and is used to illustrate technical concepts visually, making them easier to understand.
- Very simple concepts relating to the science and physics associated with HVAC have been added to the program content.
- Participants can enter the program at whatever point they are comfortable, based on their experience level.
- Specific topics within the program series can be randomly selected.
- Videos are best viewed sequentially since the depth of content grows from one video to the next.
- Introductory level videos have been added for participants with limited or no experience.
- These same introductory videos can be used for training of sales and office staff.
We’ve found this program conversion effort to be a demanding and labor intensive process. That will continue to be the norm since we will not sacrifice content quality for speed to market.
We anticipate that the Air Conditioning Systems videos will be completed in 2019. Air flow and Duct Systems is next on the list for conversion to video.
Sign up for our newsletter to be notified as new videos are added.
Contact us to learn more about our training programs!